Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Two Cents

Fake sneakers! Today, while getting my weekly basketball game in with friends, a young man came to the court in some new "Air Jordan 3's". As a sneaker lover nothing makes me more mad than seeing someone sporting these "factory variant" or "unreleased" colorways. Yet, there are many people who don't see what the big deal is. I view fake sneakers like fake medicine or car parts. Yes you may think that you are getting a great deal, but, in reality you are not. The fact is that the old addiage does apply to this, you get what you pay for. Sure, you can score some hard to find sneakers for "the low" but once those knock offs are worn, they rarely last longer than a few months or even weeks. Counterfeit goods have even been linked to terrorist groups and drug lords, all and all its just bad. I have more respect for someone who saves their money and buys only one pair a year than some one who has a closet full of fakes and pretends to be a true sneakerhead.

Check out this video from one of my favorite bloggers, Aeropooch, about some fake Lebron 8s that he was unfortunate enough to purchase on Ebay.
SAY NO TO FAKES!!!!!

1 comment: