Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Two Cents



Back in July I wrote a post regarding the phenomenon of hype in the sneaker community. Hype and hypebeasts  alike kill the game (in my opinion). I found a great example of this on solecollector.com today. They showed a clip from the recently released Nike Lebron 8 "Miami Nights" V2. Now, to be the fair the shoe was a limited release which I have no problem with, but, the thing I do have a problem with is one of the people that were lucky enough to grab a pair of these was only doing so to resell them at a ridiculous price. That is the definition of wackness!!! I hate, let me not use that word, I strongly dislike people like that. They get no respect from me. But, until we as a community stop buying shoes from these resellers at these retarded prices, the problem will remain. Stop it people! If the retail price is $150 there is really no reason for you to pay $800 for it. I'm just saying, but, I guess to each his own. Check out the story and a clip of the release madness below.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/09/01/lebron-miami-nights-shoe-packs-niketown-miami/

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you and there's no way I would ever use the mortgage money to buy a "limited edition" pair of sneakers! As far as the sellers go...we live in a capitalistic country!

    ReplyDelete