Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Two Cents




This NBA lockout is really getting out of hand. On Monday night the league announced the cancellation of the first two weeks of this year's season. The cancellation amounts to a loss of about $83 million is revenue. WTH?!!! I know that this is a business, but, this makes no sense. As a fan, I feel like that the owners and the commissioner could really care less about the people that are supposed to matter the most, the fans. Being a true NBA fan, I suffered through the lockout shortened season of 1999 and I am really not looking forward to going through that once more. The "powers that be"  however are determined to have me and every other fan go through it anyway. Faced with this reality I came across these old Nike commercials during the last substantial lockout of 1999. Though the video may be old the feelings expressed in those classic commercials are still very relevant today. Enjoy this look back with me and let's hope that this madness ends soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment